Here are the 5 easy steps to get your organization accredited through UCA:
- Request an application from email@example.com. Include with your request: organization’s legal name, key contact, and number of centers.
- We will send you an application and invoice for your application fees.
- After processing your application and fee,* you receive a copy of the UCA Accreditation Standards and Prep Manual. This manual outlines the requirements of Accreditation and helps you prepare for survey. You can also purchase the standards manual before applying for accreditation.
*Please note that all processed fees are non-refundable.
- Your survey visit is then scheduled. You must schedule your survey within six months from the time your application is processed. A memo confirming your date is then sent to you, and you must complete and return a Business Associates Agreement before your survey date.
- When your survey is complete, you receive a letter regarding the results and an invoice for any remaining expenses. If there are corrective actions outlined in the letter, you have up to 60 days to respond.
UCA then reviews your response to the results of the survey and decides on your accreditation status.
Accreditation is valid for 36 months and then must be renewed to maintain the designation. With our accreditation process, your centers must also meet the certification criteria, so you earn UCA Certification simultaneously with UCA Accreditation. Once your organization has attained full accreditation UCA will also provide you with several tools and resources to help you promote your achievement, including access to digital logos.
For More Information
YOUR GUIDE FOR SUCCESS 2021: THE ACCREDITATION AND RE-ACCREDITATION PROCESS (PDF)