The Urgent Care College of Physicians will continue and extend the pioneering work begun by physicians within UCAOA, work which supports the clinical practice of urgent care medicine, including:
- Stimulating and guiding clinical research to determine safe, cost-effective and evidenced-based treatments for illnesses and injuries typically seen by urgent care practitioners.
Promoting standardization and advancement of physician post-graduate fellowship education in urgent care medicine.
- Offering high-quality continuing education in a variety of forms - conferences, on-line, published and other enduring materials.
- Helping determine the optimal role and integration of urgent care medicine into the nation's many, complex healthcare systems.
- Examining and improving systems issues in urgent care medicine practice.
- Developing patient-centered, clinical resources and tools - practice guidelines, consensus statements and reviews of best practices - to improve physician practice.
- Advocating for and representing the specialty in the political and regulatory processes that affect urgent care.