Pre-Opening Certification Policy --
Facilities seeking Pre-Opening Certification as much as 6 months prior to their opening date are required to submit the following :
- a Pre-Opening application form, including an attestation form that all CUC requirements will be met upon opening;
- the name of the urgent care (e.g., articles of incorporation) and the physical address of the center (e.g., building permit, letter from landlord, copy of lease);
- a tax ID number for the facility;
- any plans for the center (i.e., floor plan);
- opening date for the facility; and
- Pre-Opening CUC application fee.
Upon receipt of these items, a facility will be temporarily granted Certified Urgent Care Center status, expiring 60 days after the stated opening date, and presented with a letter awarding this status. Within 60 days after opening, the facility must submit a full CUC application with documentation.
Once all pending documents are received, reviewed and approved, the facility will be awarded an official CUC designation for 36 months and receive their complete recognition package.
Changes in name or physical address or issuing a new certificate will result in an administrative fee of $50 per center.