|Tech Alert: Resolving Browser Issues|
The internet is changing and this may affect your viewing of ucaoa.org. UCAOA's software provider is preparing internal changes in security that affects all of the major browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari). This change may or may not affect you, but we want to make sure that you are armed with what you need to help resolve any issues. The change is occurring to better provide security to you, our members.
If your device (computer, tablet, laptop, etc) doesn’t load ucaoa.org, please follow these directions below to make things work again:
From your computer's desktop:
1. Click on the "Start Menu" button.
2. In the search box, type in "Internet Options" (this may look slightly different in Windows 8, however, the steps are essentially the same).
3. This will open the "Internet Properties" window, in the upper right hand corner, click on the "Advanced" menu tab.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings menu.
5. Locate the "Use TLS 1.1" and "Use TLS 1.2" options and make sure that they are checked. The "Use SSL 2.0" and "Use SSL 3.0" can be unchecked as they are outdated security methods.
6. Click the "OK" button to save your settings.