1. Raise the bar and ensure that your organization is providing the highest-level of safety measures and quality of care to your patients.
- As healthcare professionals, we strive to provide an exceptional patient experience. Earning UCAOA Accreditation affirms your commitment to quality, safety and exceptional clinical outcomes.
2. Earn the competitive edge among your peers in your marketplace.
- Many of our accredited organizations have leveraged this highest level of distinction as a way to distinguish themselves from others. Consumers are looking for a trustworthy “seal of approval” among their choices for care.
3. Enhance the roll-out of new centers by standardizing policies, procedures, and expectations across the organization.
- UCAOA Accredited center operators have expressed that one of the benefits was the development and implementation of consistent processes across all sites and, as a result, their organizations gained unanticipated efficiencies.
4. As payer networks narrow, position your organization as one recognized for highest quality and safety requirements.
- In some regions of the country, payers are requiring accreditation before contracting or as a requirement to remain in network.
5. Become eligible for potential risk management credit of up to 15% on professional liability insurance.
- Check with your carrier to see if they will consider a risk management credit on your professional liability insurance for your accredited organization.
6. Achieve best practices for urgent care throughout your organization to help improve staff morale and retention.
- Although it is a less tangible benefit than others, several of our accredited organizations have found that engaging their staff in the values of Quality and Safety ultimately results in happier employees and improved customer satisfaction. Policies and procedures provide clarity and achieving accreditation results in teamwork and sense of pride and accomplishment.
7. Compete for patients and medical community referrals from those who value an urgent care organization’s commitment to best clinical and administrative practices.
- Consumer behavior is changing and consumers are more likely to shop for cost-effective, high-quality providers. Posting the UCAOA accreditation seal on your website makes a statement about your organization. And, you can proudly market your UCAOA accreditation to prospective referral sources (e.g., pharmacists, school nurses, risk managers) that recognize the value of the steps that have been taken to distinguish the center.
8. Benefit from peer to peer discussions during the survey process.
- UCAOA surveyors are there to assist you. They each have advanced industry experience and can share best practices and insight during the survey process.
For more details about the program, to receive an informational packet, or to apply as an early adopter and get your center started toward this unique recognition, click here or contact the UCAOA staff at 331-472-3739.